How to Make LDS Young Women Value Beaded Scripture Zipper Pulls
Posted by Marianne Carter (Fizzy Pops Staff) on November 18, 2013
How to Make LDS YW Value Beaded Scripture Zipper Pulls
Making LDS Young Women Value Beaded Scripture
Adorn your scripture bag or any zipper with the Young Women Value Colors! You can also clip these to a key ring to keep a constant reminder with you of: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. Great as gifts or to make at a group activity!
- 8 Value Colored Beads
- Beading Wire
- Lobster Clasp
- 8mm Split Ring
- 4 Crimp Beads
- 9 Daisy Spacer Beads
- 3mm Round Silver Spacer Bead
- Chain Nose Pliers (not included in kit)
- Small Scissors (not included in kit)
Steps To Make LDS Young Women Value Beaded Scripture Zipper Pulls
1. Open split ring and slide lobster clasp onto ring.
2. Feed wire through ring and fold over, making about a ½” long tail.
3. Slide 2 crimp beads onto the wire.
4. Use chain nose pliers to press the 2 crimp beads flat against the wire.
5. Starting with the first daisy spacer bead, feed the series of beads onto the wire with a spacer bead in between each value colored bead.
6. After the last daisy spacer bead, slide 2 crimp beads and the 3mm round spacer bead onto the wire.
7. Fold the wire over the 3mm round spacer bead and through the 2 crimp beads. Continue feeding the wire through the next couple of beads as well.
8. Using chain nose pliers, pull the wire to remove any slack.
9. Press the 2 crimp beads flat against the wire with chain nose pliers.
10. Trim excess wire with scissors.
11. Clip your finished zipper pull to a bag, a key ring, or anything else you would like. Enjoy!